Registration For Students Entering Grades 1-8
All parents/guardians registering new students in the Berlin Borough School District must supply proof of residency, transfer information, and student's health/shot records. We are currently scheduling registration appointments for students new to the Berlin Borough School District.All parents registering grade 1 through 8 students must bring the following completed forms at the time of registration:
Proof of residency:
If you are a homeowner or renter:
- Copy of (any one of the following:) property tax bills, deeds, contracts of sale, leases, mortgages, signed letters from landlords and/or other evidence of property ownership, tenancy, or residency.
- Copy of (any two of the following:) voter registrations, licenses, permits, financial account information, utility bills, delivery receipts, and/or other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location.
- If applicable, a copy of Court Orders, State Agency Agreements, other evidence of court or agency placements or directives, documents pertaining to military status and assignment, or any other business record or document issued by a governmental entity.
If you are neither a homeowner or renter:If you do not own or lease the property in which you are residing, we require you to complete a domicile affidavit (click here) and the property owner must complete a residency affidavit (click here). Along with your domicile affidavit, we ask that you provide the following:
The property owner must supply proof of ownership with the residency affidavit (i.e., mortgage statement or tax bill). If you do not own or lease the property which you and your children are residing, you may be eligible for services through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act. Please click here for details.
- Copy of any voter registration, licenses, permits, financial account information, utility bills, delivery receipts, and/or other evidence of personal attachment to a particular location.
Please access our new student registration form by clicking here. Complete all sections accurately, and sign where indicated. Read the information below, which will assist you in completing this form:Section 1: New Student Personal Information.Complete all sections as they pertain to your child.Section 2: Student Address Information.Enter student's current address.Section 3: Parent/Guardian Information.Enter all information as it pertains to child's mother, father and/or court-appointed guardian or stepparent.Section 4: Alternate Contacts.Enter any emergency contact information. You must enter a primary home contact for the child'slegal residence. You may enter up to three additional contact names.Section 5: Custody Arrangements.Enter information as it pertains to any joint/sole custody issues. Custodial parent (relationship #1,) refers to the parent with whom the child resides. Please answer all questions regarding rights of non-custodial parent (relationhip #2). You will be asked to provide a copy of the court order which designates custodial parent.
- Transfer card from previous school (grades K through 8 if applicable).
- Student's last report card and most recent standardized testing scores.
- IEP (if applicable).
Relationship to Student:
- Student's Birth Certificate.
- Proof of custody (if applicable).
Student Health Records:
- Previous School Health Record (if applicable).
- Physician's Copy of Immunizations (shot records).
- Physician/Parent Health Survey, as applicable below:
Grades 5-8:Physician/Parent Health Physical Grades 5-8 Only
Concussion Fact Sheet/Ackowledgement Form Grades 5-8 only**
Sudden Cardiac Death In Young Athletes Pamphlet:Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41(d), school districts must distribute to each student-athlete and to the parents or guardians of the student-athletes, as part of the student's pre-participation physical examination and completion of the athletic permission forms, the Sudden Cardiac Death In Young Athletes pamphlet. A student-athlete and the parent or guardian of the student-athlete shall certify in writing that they received and reviewed the pamphlet.
Free and Reduced Meals/NJ Family Care Health Insurance:Even though you may not think that your child will qualify for free or reduced meals, please complete the following forms and return with your new student registration form: Free and Reduced Meals Application 2018-2019.If your children get free or reduced price school meals, they may also be able to get free or low-cost health insurance through Medicaid or NJ FamilyCare. Click here for NJFamily Care/Medicaid Sharing Information: NJ Family Care/Medicaid Sharing InformationQuestions? Please call our Student Registrar, Ms. Alexis Gray, at 856-767-0129, x217.