Counseling Services at Berlin Community School
Mrs. Sue D'Alesandro Mrs. Kristina Weiss(Kindergarten through Third Grade) (Fourth through Eighth Grade)
856-767-0129 ext 145 856-767-0129 ext 122
Welcome to the counseling corner! We am very excited to be a part of this wonderful community! As the School Counselors, we will help students develop their skills in personal/social, academic, and career areas. In order to meet all students’ needs, we will meet with the students individually or in small groups. Additionally, we will provide classroom guidance lessons that will reinforce the six pillars of character education and encourage positive social skills. We believe that all students should be given the opportunity to learn in a safe and supportive environment and we will always strive to provide a positive school climate for all.
If you have any questions or would like more information about counseling services for your child, please contact us by email or phone as listed above.
What is the School Counselors Role?
- Teaches classroom lessons (i.e. friendship building skills, respect)
- Facilitates short-term, small group counseling
- Provides immediate, short-term individual and crisis counseling
- Works collaboratively with teachers and staff
- Consults with parents
- Provides information and/or referrals for community resources to families